Thursday 1 September 2011

The Improvised Musical


No Shoes Theatre – The Improvised Musical


Ok not just comedy, why it's more of a theatre show packed with laughs but hats off to them for asking us along. Improvised theatre comedy isn't easy so I’ve allot of admiration for anyone that attempts it. It's a very happy affair from the off and even though the young cast wear over the top theatre school smiles I do genuinely believe they're having a great time. The show is an innocent romp in to the unknown, it's a fun family friendly show that delivers something on all levels. I don't like to single anyone out but I have to mention the very funny fast thinking of Scott Gilmore who had us laughing throughout. Ok a good bit away from who's line is it anyway standards but the way they set out to make a completely different show everyday has to be commended. Comedy wise it's a 3 star show but I'd expect plenty of 4 stars from the more theatre reviewing press.

It's a lovely show that I'm sure will have people returning time after time

ComedyReviewer 7/10

#edfringe 3 stars